Saturday, July 01, 2006

O.K., another update....hey I'm doing good here! Today is Saturday, July 1, 2006. Today, we went up to the new house and did some weed-eating. Our builder had been up there since before 7:00 this morning, doing some grading. It's really looking good, and he thinks we will be in there around the 1st of August. I think that is overly optimistic, but, we'll see I guess. After that we came back home and are mowing here. Rusti is mowing the front, and I'll mow the back when she gets done. I call it "conquering Everest" because the back is soooooo steep.

My shift is on the Friday, Saturday, Sunday day shifts, which I had originally taken off. My shift commander, though, in a crafty and underhanded manner, attached a note to my paycheck (payday was Friday) saying he needed me to work Sunday, so it totally messed up my break. He doesn't care about anyone on the shift and had already approved my time off, so it was a real kick in the teeth. Thanks, Harv! Oh, well, guess I'll be working dayshift tommorrow.

Let's see: what else? Well, my father-in-law, Larry (who is just a great guy), bought a 4-wheeler today. I rode it a little bit. First time in my life that I've ever ridden a 4-wheeler! It was a lot of fun. It's almost time to conquer Everest, so I guess I'll sign off for now. It's getting closer to "Football Time in Tennessee". Let's hope that the Vols have a better year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey...I know what you mean about "conquering Everest..." Though my back yard's flat, it also benefits greatly from the septic tank. You can see where the tank and the fill lines are during the summer, 'cuz the grass grows like wildfire! If I don't get it cut at least once a week, it's unmanageable thereafter. I used to not have to do the lawn, but that changed this past spring...now, at least, it looks good. For a change.

I didn't know ya'll were building. I don't envy you. I'm pretty well stuck with my place, at least for the next couple or four years. I'd like to find a place with more land, but that'll have to wait a while.

Having to work tomorrow sucks...I hate it when you're psyched to have a day off -- even if you don't have a thing planned to do -- and you wind up having to work anyway. Ole' Harv really slid one in ya, didn't he? No K-Y or anything. Well, maybe it being a Sunday day-shift, it won't be too busy. One can hope.

Well gotta run, for now. It's sleepy time. Your blog looks good, by the way. I find that I really like posting stuff this way. Then I can just tell my friends to check it out to see what's up, without having to write everyone individually. Plus its fun to philosophize...even when my "philosophy" borders on the ridiculous. I'll check back in often....gotcha bookmarked! jram