Tuesday, September 19, 2006


We finished up our night shifts this morning, and are off until Friday Morning.

We had a pretty busy set of nights. Not a lot of anything remarkable. Lotta junk calls, a lunatic transport to Lakeshore in Knoxville to start the set Friday night. Sgt. TLowe was off for the set, so we were short-handed, again, as usual. 3 Deputies to cover a county of 60,000+. What a good idea.

Good ole Harv really helped us out last night. I got a call almost as soon as I checked in at Unaka Elem. School. Fender-bender, but they needed a report. While I was enroute, they gave good ole Harv a call in Pinecrest in reference to a burglary. When I cleared my wreck, I went to the office to do the report. About two minutes after my arrival at the office, they told me that I needed to take good ole Harv's call, because he had to go home. Well, by now, this call has been holding for about half an hour. When I asked where good ole Harv was at, I found out that he had to go home to birth a f@#king calf. Un-f$%king believable, yet so believable. So me and Doug carried on until about 21:30. Two Deputies on the road for a population of 60,000+. Hope the calf came out o.k.! You know, at some point, it would seem, (maybe I'm just crazy), that you would have to decide...are you gonna be a farmer or a law enforcement officer?

Life in Carter County. Yee-hah!

No comments: