Monday, August 28, 2006

O.K., here's the deal. I haven't updated in a while, for several reasons. We have finally moved out of the "hotbox". We moved our stuff outta there on Aug. 14th. The new house wasn't completely ready yet, though, so we just moved our stuff into the new house in the garage, and stayed with Larry and Sandy for the week. On the 18th, we spent our first night in the new house.

Since the 18th, we have called Charter Communications numerous times, trying to get our Cable and Internet service established in the new house. It has been unbelievable, the run-around that we got from Charter. However, without going into great detail, they finally came today, the 28th, and gave us TV and Internet. You would not believe how much you miss TV and Internet access until you don't have it. Anyway, I am finally back online and will begin to update regularly again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was weird...I had bookmarked your URL a while back, which is the same one. For the past couple of weeks, when I click on the bookmark, I get "Page not found" error. Now it works again. Weird. Charter can be a Pain in the A**, I know. I've got to get them over here to add a cable drop to the kid's playroom. Sometime. Had enough aggravation in the past month to last me a while, though, so I've been putting it off.

Ah well...anyway. Had a boring set of dayshifts other than the deal on Cedar Ave., which wasn't exciting, per se, but was fraught with potential career busters. I'll tell you about it, if you haven't heard, in person, not on a public forum... :) It was a singular experience, though, in that my 10-82 was 501. That's never happened. To me, anyway.

I'm enjoying my long break, now, though, except that I had to go to Knoxville yesterday for a forfeiture hearing (they didn't show up) and have to go to Nashville Wednesday to help pick up the new cars. (Four hours in a van with DH...oh boy).

Anyhow, I'm glad you're in your new house now. Moving's a drag though. I hope to avoid it for many years...maybe just sell the house and everything in it, when and if, and start fresh. I dunno. I don't envy you that.

Take care ~j