Thursday, July 13, 2006


Finally, the week is over. Just a quick update. We had a bunch of calls for service today, and the weather was unbearably hot.

Someone once said that on dayshifts, 'they' hit the crazy button at about 14:00 (2:00 p.m.). After that, it's call to call to call until quitting time. There's a lotta truth to that.

Anyway, about 16:20 (4:20 p.m.), during the height of the last afternoon, Good Ole Harv calls me on my cell phone and informs me that he has to go home, because his fence is breeched and his cattle might get out. That leaves 2 (me and Doug) on the road for the rest of the shift. Great! Sometimes it seems like you gotta decide if you're gonna be a farmer or a law enforcement officer. That's probably just crazy talk on my behalf. Life goes on in bizzaro world.

I'm just glad our 7-day break is finally upon us. More later.

No comments: